Microchip’s BodyCom™ Technology is a short-range, low-data-rate communication solution for securely connecting to a wide range of wireless applications. Activated by capacitively coupling to the human body, the system communicates bidirectionally between a centralized controller and one or more wireless mobile units. Intra-body communication occurs utilizing the human body as the transmission medium.
Compared to other existing wireless technologies BodyCom offers lower active and standby energy usage, increases security through bidirectional authentication , provides a secure communication channel using the human body and allows for simpler circuit-level designs.
- Simpler Implementation
- No RF antenna design necessary
- Low-frequency design using common microcontroller and AFE frequencies (125 kHz / 8 MHz), no external crystals needed
- Complies with FCC Part 15-B, Radiated Emissions
- Lower overall BOM, compared to existing technologies
- Lower Power Consumption
- No wireless transceiver required for two-way communication
- Not using high-power inductive fields
- More Secure Communication Channel
- Provides bidirectional authentication through the human body
- Prevents the “Relay Attack” problem typical in PKE solutions
- Supports Advanced Encryption Solutions
- Such as KeeLoq® Technology with AES-128